Caribbean International Airways Ltd.
Caribbean International Airways Ltd. (CIAL) was registered September 1, 1970 at Bridgetown, Barbados. Its purpose was to provide a boost for the Barbados tourist industry as well as to make low cost travel available to Barbadians living in the United Kingdom. The first flight was in December 1970 and operated, Barbados, London, Luxemburg return.
By March 1987, it was decided that the Airline would no longer carry out flying operations as its original mandate had been fulfilled and Government was no longer inclined to fund the losses, the Airline had incurred. The decision was made that the company should shift its focus to the provision of other services at the Grantley Adams International Airport.
In exploring new business, the Company provided management oversight to a new venture Club Caribbean Lounge and an In-Bound Duty Free Shop.
In July 1990, an In-Bound Duty Free Shop was established and sales commenced the following August. Two years later its name was changed to The Arrivals Duty Free Shop.
“To be the market leader through consistent quality and exemplary Aviation Services.”
We are committed to being the preferred provider of a selection of quality aviation services to internationally accepted standards that consistently meet and exceed our customer expectations in a safe and secure environment that supports excellence, productivity and profitability”.
Fairness - Employees and customers alike are treated with equanimity and dignity;
Integrity - Doing the right thing, understanding and implementing what is honest and just;
Respect - Encouraging respect within the organization with the view that every worker is seen as an individual with fundamental worth;
Service - Performing a duty which transcends to respect and dignity;
Teamwork - Together each other achieves more; CAH is a team working together towards a common goal;
Corporate Goals and Objectives
- Corporate Goals
- Meet and/or exceed our customers’ expectations
- Conduct business in a safe, secure and productive environment
- Operate a team of highly trained, efficient, and productive employees
- Foster a culture where respect for the individual, innovation, integrity, and accountability are evident.
- Corporate Objectives
- Customer Service
- Introducing Customer Service Training Programs that will have a positive effect on staff and assist them in understanding the following:
- The importance of high quality customer service;
- How to turn complaints into opportunities;
- The art of listening to customers;
- The difference between assertiveness and good Customer Service;
- Effective Customer Communication;
- Working closely with our Airlines to ensure that our staff are familiar with their product so as to offer better customer service;
- Internal Customer Relations.